The Best Journal Prompts For Boosting Your Self-confidence
It freaking sucks when you feel like your self-confidence is in the trash!! We have all been there. You wake up in the morning and just feel off. I’ve said things like “my face just looks ugly today” and an array of other horrible things. Those are the days that I know I need to boost my self-confidence.
Whether it’s about your looks or your competency to do something it doesn’t matter. The feeling is the same: crushing and frustrating.
Self-confidence is vital to feeling good about yourself. Having confidence in your abilities or your style or anything else will help you be more successful in life… there I said it!
You can always fake it till you make it because hey, that does work! But if you want to do some personal work and figure out why you’re lacking self-confidence or what to do on those low days, here are journal prompts to boost your self-confidence.
What is self-confidence?
The really basic idea of self-confidence is TRUST in yourself. You believe you can do certain things. Your belief in your abilities is high.
When was the last time you truly felt confident??
Self-confidence happens when you really know yourself. You are familiar with your strengths and weaknesses. And most importantly, you have an overall positive view of yourself! Aka: you think your awesome and everything you do is awesome. Isn’t that a great feeling?
Self-confidence is important because without it we struggle to do things. With higher self-confidence, you are more likely to say yes to new things and opportunities! Maybe a new job has been offered to you that is a little scary but something you want to do. When you have a lot of self-confidence you will more likely take on that new opportunity and believe that you can do it.
The opposite of that would be declining opportunities and forever being stuck where you are even if you aren’t happy with it because you don’t believe you can do better! That would seriously suck!!
How you can boost your self-confidence
Fixing your confidence doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a mindset that has been drilled into you for years and changing that takes time.
Building trust in yourself (or anyone else) is not super simple. There needs to be time and energy put in. However, there are a few things you can do to give yourself a quick confidence boost if you need it asap.
1 – think of things you are good at
There is always something you are good at. Maybe you are great at cooking or listening to others. It can be big or small! Just remember a time you did something good!
2 – learn something new
Again, it doesn’t need to be big. You could hop on YouTube and learn something new about dogs or you could enroll in a class to learn a language… Whatever it is, learning something new can make you feel more competent!
3 – dress for success
There is something magical about the way a cute outfit and some makeup can make you feel! If you need some quick confidence, throw on a nice outfit (even if you’re just at home). I promise you will feel instantly a little better.
- How To Stop The Self-Sabotage Cycle + 20 Journal Prompts
- Journal Prompts For When You Feel Totally Out Of Control
- How To Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone (+ 15 Journal Prompts)
- 15 Journal Prompts For New Bloggers Who Feel Stuck
Journal prompts for self-confidence
- When was the last time I felt good about something I did?
- What are 5 of my strengths?
- Have I ever helped someone with something? If so, what was it?
- How do I feel when I look in the mirror? What is one thing I could do to improve my feelings?
- What habit do I need to stop?
- What habit do I need to start?
- How could I start my day off better?
- What is currently making me unhappy?
- What has made me feel confident in the past? List 3 things.
- How does second-guessing myself make me feel?
- Who makes me feel less confident? Is there a way to spend less time with them?
- What activities fill my cup?
- Who do I look up to? Do I have any similar qualities?
- Has there been an opportunity that I turned down because I didn’t feel capable? How did it make me feel?
- What would I do right now if I felt more confident?
- What negative things do I say to myself? Write down 5 and then flip them to make them positive. (Ex. “I hate the way I look” turns into “I like how makeup makes me feel”)
- How do I think about failure? Is it good, is it bad, how do I feel about it?
- What is one thing that cheers me up no matter what?
- What does the word confidence mean to me?
- What has been the best part of my life? Why was it the best?
- What is one thing I feel proud of?
- What is one thing that makes me feel embarrassed? Why?
- List 5 things that my best friend would say are my best qualities
- Where do I feel the least confident in life? (Work, home life, looks, relationships, etc)
- What are my biggest dreams?
- What is holding me back from achieving my dreams?
- Were those truly my biggest dreams or just what I think I can achieve? Go deeper.
- Do I love myself? If not, how could I change that?
- Write down 10 affirmations that would make me feel more confident. (Ex. I believe in myself. I can do anything I set my mind to. People see me as a capable person)
- How often do I leave my comfort zone?
- Who makes me feel good about myself?
Becoming more confident is a journey. There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself. It won’t be as simple as just deciding to be confident.
Self-confidence comes from a place of trust, love, and acceptance. No one is perfect but many people are confident! So it is totally possible to make changes to your life.
Starting by doing some self-exploration is key! Asking why you feel the way you do, determining how you think about yourself and the world around you… it’s all needed to get a clear picture.
So, give these journal prompts a try and remember that while you might not feel like a confident girly right now, you are still WORTHY of everything you want in life. There will come a time when you feel good about yourself and I can’t wait to see it!!
Until next time,